FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Montclair Food & Wine Festival 2014 Dates!
Saturday, May 31st - Monday, June 2nd
December 16, 2013 ... Montclair, NJ ... Last year's launch of the Montclair Food + Wine Festival was a tremendous success ... so this year, event organizers are turning up the heat by adding a third day -- (and air conditioning)!
The 2014 Festival kicks off Saturday, May 31st with a Grand Tasting at the Montclair Art Museum. The event is priced at $95 general admission, from 7-9 pm. VIP tickets will be offered at $120, with early admission at 6 pm. The stunning galleries will be open for guests for touring. Approximately 30 restaurants from Montclair (and beyond) will be sampling choice bites; details are still in development on specific participants. Gary's Wine & Marketplace, with locations in Wayne, Madison and Bernardsville, will coordinate wine. Added bonus: all guests will receive a complimentary, take-home Montclair Food + Wine Festival Glass.
What's lined up for the second day of the festival, Sunday, June 1st? "Scintillating seminars," notes Montclair Food + Wine founder Melody Kettle. "We are creating a series of gastronomic seminars that go beyond simple wine and cheese pairing. From our perspective, it was important to develop a program that addresses current issues in our industry; something that attendees could sink their teeth (as well as their minds) into!"
Four seminars will be hosted by Upper Montclair's Commonwealth Club, including:
* NJ Aquaculture: Consider the Oyster & Clam with panelists Gef Flimlin, Marine Agent from Rutgers Cooperative Extension; Matt Gregg of 40 North Oyster Farm and renowned restaurateur Chris Cannon of the soon-to-open Jockey Hollow in Morristown;
* The Foie Gras Argument: Montclair Chef Ariane Duarte will serve a foie gras preparation;
* Milk: Give It To Me Rawwith Jonathan White of Bobolink Dairy;
* The Iron Somm Competition, which will feature three rounds of secret ingredients sprung on our unsuspecting Iron Somm's: Sharon Sevrens of Montclair's Amanti Vino and Tim Cornine (third somm to be announced shortly). Each must pair the mystery ingredients with wines they have brought. Attendees will savor all the selections and a popular crowd vote will decide the winner;
* A fifth seminar, "Vegan Latin Tapas" with Sally Owens from SO Tasty Vegan will be held at Designer Appliances.
Tickets for the seminars go on sale February 2014 and will range from $45 to $75.
The third and final day of the festival, Monday, June 2nd, will feature a six-course Gala Dinner from 6-9:30 pm held at The Manor in West Orange. Sharon Sevrens, proprietor of Amanti Vino in Montclair, will pair wines for each course. Participating chefs include: Mitchell Altholz of Highlawn Pavilion; Michael Carrino of Pig & Prince Gastrolounge & Restaurant; Ryan DePersio of Fascino; Ariane Duarte of CulinAriane; Francesco Palmieri of The Orange Squirrel. Special guest chef to be announced. $165 per person.
Tickets are now on pre-sale for the Grand Tasting, Gala Dinner, and select seminars. Go to www.montclairfoodandwinefestival.org for more details.
The Montclair Food + Wine Festival is a 501(c)3, non-profit and remains 100% volunteer. Last year's event benefited St. Joseph's Children's Hospital, Partners for Health and presented a $1,000 scholarship to a worthy Montclair High School graduate. This year, charities will include St. Joseph's Children's Hospital and the CULINARY CLUB at Montclair High.
For further info:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 973.509.1912